WE ARE 7 MONTHS PREGNANT!

28WEEKSLast Wednesday marked my 28th week of pregnancy. I would say that time isn’t flying by too fast, but that may be because I just REALLY want Aria  be here so that I can care for her and play with her. But I am really taking each moment of every day in because I know so many people with little kiddies that are growing crazy fast!

We had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and little Aria is head down!

Smallish Rant: My regular mid-wife wasn’t there and they always want me to meet everyone… but never again. The lady I had was not nice at all! The whole time she seemed to be so disappointed and way too concerned about my plan and what I want to do with my degree during the entire appointment. She was getting into how hard it is to do the jobs I qualify for while pregnant and everything. I wouldn’t even call it concern, she seemed to jut want the details of whatever struggle she thought I was in. I am right on track with everything that makes me happy and God’s plan, I don’t have just a “job,” I work from home so that I can do what I love and raise my child, who is and has been the largest part of my plan, the way that we think is best.

Mikey thinks everyone is nice and he even said that he had a feeling she was going to be like that from the minute she looked at us both when she walked into our little room.

If you ever want to be a midwife be kind and encouraging to the people you care for! There’s no reason to talk down to people who just want to know how their baby is doing and who you know nothing about besides what you’ve learned on your computer. And if you are ever put in a situation like this, don’t pay the person any mind. People who don’t know you or your situation tend to have the most to say and it’s usually because they are so unsatisfied with their own lives that they would rather judge the lives of others than use that wasted energy towards fixing the real roots of their need to judge others. The funny thing is that the woman that took my blood pressure during my first ever appointment there took it this time, and she was so into how everything was going that I thought she was the midwife I was seeing so I asked her all of the new questions I had, and she was super helpful too with her cool accent :-). So, when Ms. Disapproving asked if I had any questions… nope, got it all figured out now lady!

The moral of this rant turned story is that people should always leave you feeling great about themselves or just very happy that they met you, make sure of it! Also, not everyone is going to understand your plan, and you don’t need them to 😉 ❤

Any who, today I learned that 28-29 weeks isn’t too uncommon to have baby in the birthing position, and I was wondering if that meant that she is coming early because most babies don’t flip until the last month or even the very last week or two, but it doesn’t mean that! Also, she could flip back into breech position at any moment, or she may stay in birthing position. One lady even had her baby flip back to breeched the day before she delivered — I’m being hopeful that she stays head down until it’s time!

The only downside is that it is extremely painful to stand at first. When I stand up for the first time in the morning or after sitting for a long time, the area under my belly feels like I did 80 bazillion sit ups. But as long as I take it slow at first the feeling goes away in no time. This feeling is from wherever Aria’s head is positioned, and maybe after slowly walking it off she moves a little where mommy can be comfy. And she’s definitely a growing little girl because my skin feels it! Baby Oil with aloe vera and vitamin E is almost always by my side!

Aria is still having a blast and kicking like crazy! Mikey finally got to feel one of her big kicks and I think that I can tickle her feet when they’re pressed outward! She starts moving all around, so cute. Peanut butter and OJ really get her going, and I think she wakes me up with her kicking so that I eat some breakfast. However, I once ate a really early breakfast and went back to sleep and had some reflux in my sleep — very scary to me because I didn’t wake up and the only reason I knew is because my nose and throat burned. The super nice blood pressure lady told me that reflux is also very common and to situate a pillow under the mattress to help ensure that I stay sleeping on my side so that doesn’t happen so dangerously while I’m in a deep sleep again.

Oh another thing! The results from my 1-hour glucose tolerance test were normal! Thank goodness, because I did not want to go back and do it again for 3 hours!!!

I know that a lot of people who follow my blog are due around the same time as me (October 28th), 26-33 weeks is a great time to start prenatal classes! You can also never been too early AND better late than never. This is a great way for first time parents to get the big questions and concerns out of the way. Also, don’t forget to look into getting the Tdap vaccine around 36 weeks!

As for everything else, so far so good! This has been such a huge blessing and it amazingly becomes even more so with each and every day. Things just seem to be on the up and up and I love it ❤

Advertisements

22 Comments Add yours

1. simplyisis says:

You look gorgeous, wow!!!! And I love the moral of your rant, hihihi!

1. Thank you so much Isis my love!!! 😊😊😊

2. mmrli says:

Have to say you look fantastic!

Liked by 1 person

1. Aww we thank you so much! Hope you’re having an amazing day!!!

3. Vonnie says:

I’m sorry about your experience. Thanks for sharing it with us and advising others who may be in that position

Liked by 1 person

4. Congrats!!! Cheers to October babies! Expecting ours October 5!

1. Congrats to you too!!! October babies rule! Hahaha 😊

Liked by 1 person

5. Congratulations to you both, a Baby is a wonderful blessing, God created us to have Children and everything He made was very good and Children are a blessing for us to enjoy, even when conceived by someone else.

Yes I agree with you too Beauty and Living, that we should be Kind and Loving towards others even accepting their weaknesses and shortcomings and not be critical of them. But what if they are doing something that is dangerous to themselves or to someone else, it’s not Love to look the other way and ignore it, of course they may not appreciate us warning them but at least we have shown we care enough to do so.

Blessings – Anne.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much! All of this has definitely been a ginormous blessing and I am so thankful!!! ❤

I think that people, especially those in the medical field, shouldn’t assume the worst and interact based off of those assumptions especially with people who clearly take care of themselves and pregnant women who always have positive results across the board every time and could be going above and beyond for their unborn child. And especially when there is no basis for those assumptions. There may have been something else behind why she seemed to be so judgemental and disapproving, I’m still pretty young and I sometimes look younger than I am, I’m in an interracial marriage (we deal with a lot of strange interactions with people where we currently live, lots of extremely wealthy older people, some of them are the nicest people that I have ever met though!), or maybe she was just having a bad day. Only God knows. All we can do is move on and keep praying 😊

2. What makes the most sense for so much concern about my future and me doing something with my degree is that she may have thought my pregnancy was unplanned and therefore she was curious/concerned about what my plan was now. But that is not the case and my whole world has GLADLY been all about our baby. My degree is just something for me to fall back on, I’ve been more and more successful everyday while working from home thanks to my faith in a greater plan and calling, my husband’s support, and our desire to want to have a stay at home parent to have the best care and teaching, and even closer parenting for our daughter. It was very irritating to go to a doctor’s appointment and leave feeling so quickly judged and disapproved of based off of so little, and she works for an extremely nice hospital, I’m sure she’s not just like that with most people. But again I need to not let it bother me, pray, and move on. Sorryyyy, that’s the last of my thoughts on this haha.

Have a wonderful evening! Oh, in Australia it’s morning! Have a wonderful DAY :mrgreen:

6. lifeasagaymom says:

Congrats. Sounds like everything is going good

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! Every is going great, I hope everything is going well with you toooo!!!

7. kimbaz5 says:

Yes, she just needed to do her job, stick to the facts and answer questions ❤️

Liked by 1 person

1. Exactly, I should have just blown her socks of with what I HAVE been doing but then again she seemed like she just disapproves of everything so probably wouldn’t have made a difference.

8. Tipmanning says:

Congratulations! You are so beautiful! I know that you are going to be an awesome mother.

1. Awww thank youuu 👶❤👶❤

9. Deja Spikes says:

I’m so excited for you!! I cannot wait to meet my little girl either!

1. Thank you Deja!! I hope you two lovely ladies are doing good over there 💜

10. megduncan207 says:

Congratulations! You look beautiful and I LOVE the name Aria!! Will be keeping you in my prayers!

1. Thank you so much!! ❤❤❤

11. Sadie's Nest says:

Congratulations:) It will be here before you know it!

Liked by 1 person

1. Can’t waaaiiitttt!!! I hope you’re having a great day!

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you! ♡

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s