Even if you have any of these movies on DVD, once 25 Days of Christmas starts on ABC Family on December 1st each year you MUST watch them all on TV! Don’t ask me why because I don’t know why, no one knows. It’s just tradition!
My mom and I are Christmas movie fanatics, literally. Once 25 Days of Christmas started we would hang out in the living room all evening getting hype when our favorites would come on even though we had half of them on DVD, and we would sing all of the songs in the movie at the top of our lungs. Don’t get us started with “Baby it’s Cold Outside” and the Heat Miser and Snow Miser songs. Definitely was one of my favorite parts of the Holiday season!!!
Here are my top 10 top 15 Christmas movies of all time… Yes, ALL TIME… We love those very old school claymation guys too! I still don’t know if this is correct, I love them all!
1. Elf (2003)
2. It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
3. Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
4. Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town (1970)
5. The Year Without a Santa Clause (1974)
6. One Magic Christmas (1985)
7. The Polar Express (2004)
8. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)
9. Home Alone (1990)
10. Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
11. Disney’s a Christmas Carol (2009)
12. The Santa Clause (1994)
13. White Christmas (1954)
14. Prancer (1989)
15. Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)
And my mom’s top 15!!!
- The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)
- Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town (1970)
- Elf (2003)
- The Santa Clause (1994)
- The Santa Clause 2 (2002)
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
- It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)
- Home Alone (1990)
- White Christmas (1954)
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947)(1994)
- Rudolph, the Red-Nose Reindeer (1964)
- The Polar Express (2004)
- Disney’s a Christmas Carol (2009)
- Mrs. Miracle(2009)
I love how some of our favorites land on the exact same number ranking! So many are really close too but we both have a couple that one of us doesn’t care for as much while the other loves it haha.
Don’t miss out on your favorite Christmas movies if they don’t come on ABC Family! See if your TV/Cable setup has a search option in the guide and record them on other channels! Or just set an alarm… because it’s that serious. Now… why ABC Family or whomever is calling the shots now taking over is changing the name to Freeform in the new year is totally beyond me. Toooo much!
Here’s a cool fact! Jim Carey was originally offered the role as Buddy the elf! Hmmm… I think he would have been more on the obnoxious side. Haha.
What are your favorite Christmas movies!?