Grocery Shopping with Baby Aria for the First Time, Phew!

I was extremely hesitant to go grocery shopping with Aria for the first time, mainly because I didn’t know where to put her where she would be as comfy and cozy and unbothered by the commotion around her as possible. I knew that I could either put her in the cart in her car seat or carry her in one of our baby carriers.

One morning we ventured out to the Commissary and I decided to put her in the body of the cart in her car seat. The car seat JUST fit. But come to find out, I had forgotten my military dependent ID in my jacket pocket at home so I couldn’t get into the Commissary anyways! A great excuse to turn our butts around and go back to our comfy home! Haha. Plus the cart was clanging across the parking lot and she was making displeased faces, I didn’t like it one bit either! By the time I got home and was waiting the little bit of time left that there was until she got hungry again, there would be much hustle and bustle from all of he people starting to get out of off of work. It just wasn’t meant to be πŸ˜›

We tried again the next morning and this time I brought the Infantino Mei Tai carrier. We also have a Boba wrap but I am not as swift and smooth with putting it on. I didn’t want to take any chances. Aria fussed a little getting out of the car, but once she was in the carrier she just looked around as I walked into the grocery store then passed out and stayed sleeping throughout our whole trip!

The funniest part was the lady who checks IDs before entering the Commissary. I always said hi to her and she would never say anything back, she would just give me a nasty look (while I was pregnant). This time she was like “AWWW I JUST LOVE HER LITTLE BEAR EARS STICKING OUT AT THE TOP THERE!!!” Wow! Hello! πŸ˜€ Haha, if that’s what it takes lady!

It was a very successful shopping trip even though I got more than I went there for… well, that’s because of all of the great cart space I had that I didn’t think I would have! With the car seat we would have had to get enough to last a few days and come back again. Definitely love carrying her better and she probably loves listening to mommy’s heartbeat and getting mommy’s warmth too.

When we go other places I just use the stroller and car seat because I don’t get many items from anywhere else. However, I do hold a few things in my hand at first, then act like I’m struggling so I just havvveee to put everything at the bottom of the stroller even though I don’t really wanntttt to. I feel like it looks like I’m stealing! Haha. That’s probably in my mind from a situation that took place with a lady and an empty stroller in Macy’s when I worked there. You never know with people these days!

I definitely overthink things way too much! Pshh, what a breeze!

PhotoGrid_1450375505853

Advertisements

35 Comments Add yours

1. gingerfunk78 says:

Awwww she’s beautiful

2. chrissyfarren says:

You did wonderful! I remember taking my son who is now 9 to the store for the first time, It was rough at first, but once it was all said and done, my goodness what a breeze. I sure made it out to be more.

Liked by 1 person

3. I have a Moby wrap and I still put my littlest man in it 9 months later. Its a life saver when you need to get stuff done especially because you use two hands. Congrats on your little one! She’s a cutie!

Liked by 1 person

1. Wow that’s awesome! I have a Moby too but it takes me like 10 minutes to put it on and get her in there hahaha. Maybe I’m just impatient. Or did it take you a little while to get used to it? I want to give it another try one day! And thank you so much!! ❀

Liked by 1 person

1. It does take time getting used to getting it on and making sure it’s tight enough. If I know I’m going to use it when going out, I put it on ahead of time before doing errands. Hope you do try it again!

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh my goodness good idea!!

Liked by 1 person

4. What a beautiful baby girl! My infant carriers were my best friends when my children were small. I could do all sorts of things like chores, walk to the library, shop, and chaperone school field trips. A simple strap adjustment and the baby could nurse, too. Win, win, win!

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh my gosh I love your comment! It is definitely becoming more and more useful the more I get used to it! My sister-in-law recommended using it in the evenings around the house before she gets cranky sleepy so I’ve been using it for that and during the day if I’m doing some intense organizing/cleaning and I don’t want to keep making sure Mya our dog isn’t licking her lol. And this week I also used it in CHURCH! and we went in the post office with it because daddy had the stroller! But I was like what’s a stroller? This thing just keeps getting better and better. She looks around a bit then passes out! Hahaha. I don’t think I’ll ever choose the stroller over the carrier if I have the choice now! ENDLESS WINS!!

Liked by 1 person

1. My first son was a hefty hefty cinch sack. He was only five pounds at birth, but was 15 pounds at three months and 25 pounds at six months! The carrier had to go when he was about four months old. My back couldn’t take it anymore. None of the others grew like that.

Liked by 1 person

5. Oh she is just beautiful ❀ well done on a successful shopping trip – I didn’t leave the house for weeks after firstborn and even longer with my second 😊 x

Liked by 1 person

6. She’s so sweet! Everything is a learning experience with babies!

Liked by 1 person

1. Definitely! I completely ditched my baby book because you definitely just have to just get the EXPERIENCE ❀

7. lori says:

Reminds me of my first outings. Until mine was old enough to sit in the front of the cart, I also used a baby carrier. Never realized how many items I used were on bottom shelves! Thanks for liking my blog. Not sure if you saw the photo contest I’m running for my new book…would love for you to submit photos of little Aria. Check it out at lorifettner.WordPress.com/welcome-to-motherhood.

Liked by 1 person

8. What a sweet little girl! Congratulations to you and your little one!

Thank you for stopping by and “liking” my blog “Hopeless or Hopeful”! May God bless you as you venture out in your life with your new little gift from God!

Blessings!
    Avanell

9. jennym says:

Too too cute πŸ™‚

10. Sheridan Johnson says:

So glad that trip #2 was successful and went off without any problems!! That’s hilarious how much a child can change someone’s bad mood! Oh and by the way, she is adorable!!

11. FiskHomestead says:

She is so adorable!!! Going out for the first time was so stressful! My little bundle is almost 4 months now! I just got him a similar little fuzzy outdoor outfit! They are so cute in them haha! We love baby wearing when we are out, I can’t imagine carrying around a carseat, too much elbow pain haha.

Liked by 1 person

1. So cute! They’re like little baby bears! Haha 😊 and yeah I saw someone carrying her baby in the car seat in the post office a few days ago and I was like WOW she’s strong! I struggle just getting the car seat from the house to the car! Haha

1. FiskHomestead says:

I have RA so we opted to not even bother with one of those style seats, my mom has one for her car and I tried it and couldn’t even lift it without a baby! I don’t know how people do it haha, especially one their little one is over 10lbs!

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh goodness! I can only imagine!!! Aria is probably close to 10 lbs now. Sometimes I have to stand on the step of the truck to hoist her and the car seat up! I need to work on my muscles big time and fast! My arms are like twigs. My husband’s weight set will probably come in handy real soon 😜 oh but I’m forgetting that soon she’ll need a carseat that doesn’t attach to the stroller because she’ll be too big and stays in the car too. Well, until then!

But any who, take care of yourself missy!!! And your son is so handsome!! ❀❀❀

12. kimbaz5 says:

Yayyyyyyyy! Glad the 2nd venture out worked like a charmπŸ‘πŸ½

Liked by 1 person

1. Me too! She had a fit in the store yesterday though…a lady actually offered to hold her because she “has 3 kids”…mmm yeah and you could be a psycho and want to add Aria to your crew too haha. No thanks. Aria just got hot from her outside stuff (it was like 40 degrees yesterday!). I need to start taking it off when we get in the store, I may even ditch the suits and get her more jackets so it’s easier!

13. PS and my babies lived in my Ergo carrier

Liked by 1 person

1. I want an Ergo! I probably don’t need one but I want one! Hahaha I just don’t want to spend $100 on another thing that they grow out of super fast. Hmmm..How long do people use baby carriers? Maybe I will try to find a deal! Lol

1. I’ve used my Ergo through toddlerhood. In fact, we hardly ever used a stroller because we wore/carried our babies till they were big enough to walk themselves. Check out diaperswappers.com – you may find a good deal on a secondhand one. They often go on sale, too.

Liked by 1 person

1. Wow! That is amazing. I had no idea Omg thanks so much Karla! Will definitely check this it out!!! You and your beautiful family have yourselves a great weekend and an amazing holiday! β€πŸŽ„

14. I always get nervous shopping with my newborns, but then realize they just sleep all the time. πŸ™‚ Even when they do cry, though, people think it’s the cutest thing, hehe. My kids are now 8, 6, and 2, and I tell my husband that I think one of the reasons I have kids (one of them with long, curly red hair) is so that it will give people a reason to talk to me. I’m an introvert, so even though I’m nice to people, I don’t always initiate conversation… but this way I’m forced to come out of my shell!

Liked by 3 people

1. Haha I actually think Aria’s cry is cute too!! As long as she isn’t turning red which she hasn’t gotten to in public yet. And with everything going on around us in the stores when she has let out a little cry it’s super quiet compared to other babies I’ve heard so idk why I was so nervous about that! I have my introvert days and my extrovert days haha, mean people who seem to want to take my quiet to myselfness for granted have brought out my extrovert in public more and more lol. BUT I have used my willing to say stuff to people for good! Even though I’m a little awkward at times and find myself walking away like “ugh why did I just say that!” Haha I’m always saying hi to people and trying to compliment people and this lady was hilarious for only speaking to me once she could see aria lol haha babies are the key to making friends around here I guess! 😝 it doesn’t help that I think my face is naturally and permanently an introvert so people hardly ever initiate convos with me hahahaha!!!

Ps. Love the curly hair!!! And red hair is so gorgeous! Aria’s hair gets curly when I wet it so I’m super hopeful! She also has some streaks of blonde! I wonder if her hair is going to change color or be a mixture (like maybe easily changed by the sun with dark roots, that would be pretty!)

Wow this turned into a rant I’m so sorry, I just had some extra sweet oatmeal loll

15. I saw the baby carrier and came to ask what kind it was, but read the whole thing because OMG cute baby!! ❀ Haha πŸ˜€ I wear my baby in a carrier at the store too! Mainly because he gets into things if I put him in the cart…

Liked by 1 person

1. Haha I love it! I actually got mine on eBay but they’re super inexpensive at like Target too! And thank you!!! ❀

Liked by 1 person

1. I got our K’tan from Target for like $40 and it was my favorite for quite a while. πŸ˜€ You are welcome! ❀

16. She is so adorable!!! I am glad it all worked out

1. Thank you Madisonn! ❀

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you! β™‘

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s